Investment and Advisory
Our mission is to support the startup of new businesses and reinvention of legacy businesses in ways which take full advantage of the ongoing transformation of digital media and information.
Our main area of current focus:
- GeoDisruptive businesses, which we define as businesses that use GeoLocation as a disruptive force to influence consumer or business activity. These can be:
- Consumer-to-consumer: “GeoSocial,” like Foursquare.
- Business-to-consumer: “GeoMarketing,” like Yelp (bridging consumers and multiple SMB segments) or Autotrader/Open Table (to a vertical segment)
- Business-to-business: “GeoInfrastructure,” like ReachLocal, Yext, PlaceIQ, and xAd.
Our other six areas of focus, which ideally are also GeoDisruptive businesses:
- New digital-first, multi-media next-generation content models to create and aggregate news, information, or vertical interests in ways that are targeted, profitable and scalable.
- E-commerce platforms which cultivate an iterative and social consumer decision journey integrating on- and off-line behaviors.
- Big Data-enabled business models, particularly those where large data-sets are leveraged with one of our other areas of focus, such as geo-marketing, next-generation content, or e-commerce.
- Social frameworks which incite “the power of passion” among a well-defined target and scale with uncommon speed.
- New audience-based advertising businesses that deliver targeted audiences in the right context, time and place and drive measurable return on investment, including those that help brands cultivate the power of social media.
- Health Information and related businesses targeting consumers or professionals which measurably improve healthy living, disease prevention/management, or health care cost efficiency.