The mission of On Grid Ventures LLC is to support the startup and success of GeoDisruptive businesses which leverage GeoLocation as a disruptive force in marketplaces and commerce, digital infrastructure, or information flow.
- GeoMarketplaces focused on a well-defined audience of buyers and sellers where location-based technology enables commerce spanning online and offline, such as Uber, AutoTrader, or Cups.
- GeoMarketing businesses where customer acquisition and retention is dependent on location, such as Yelp, OpenTable or AllTheRooms, both business-to-consumer and business-to-business
- GeoSocial networks based around location and often other factors like interests, such as Foursquare or Tinder.
- GeoInfrastructure businesses which facilitate the growth and maturation of location-based businesses, such as Yext, PlaceIQ, xAd, Gimbal, and SocialSign.in.
- GeoInformation businesses which aggregate and assimilate content and data for a defined geographic area in innovative ways, such as Yelp and EnerKnol.
The growth of these five themes is fueled by multiple underlying trends:
- The global proliferation of mobile smart phones
- Indoor-Location Technologies, including iBeacons and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- The emergence of the Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Millennials and their unique mobile/social behavior
- Cloud-based Big Data, particularly via open standards from public and private sources
- Consumers shifting to an integrated consumer decision journey across web, mobile, on the go, and in the store.
The Founder of On Grid Ventures LLC, Jason E. Klein, is a highly experienced former operating executive in digital media, vertical consumer and b2b information/magazines, and geo-focused content and advertising. Mr. Klein is currently Chairman, Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater NY and one of Alleywatch’s top 25 angel investors in New York.
For more info, please explore:
- On Grid Ventures Team
- On Grid Ventures News
- Most Recent Posts
- Resources for Entrepreneurs and Investors
- Twitter Feed @JKNews.