Our focus at On Grid Ventures LLC is to support the startup and success of GeoDisruptive businesses which leverage digital location as a disruptive force in marketplaces and commerce, digital infrastructure, or information flow. We want to speed the development of personalized content, services, and goods delivered at the best time and place.
- GeoMarketplaces focus on a well-defined audience of buyers and sellers where location-based technology enables commerce spanning online and offline, such as Uber, AutoTrader, or Cups.
- GeoMarketing businesses where customer acquisition and retention is dependent on location, such as Yelp, OpenTable or AllTheRooms, both business-to-consumer and business-to-business
- GeoSocial networks based around location and often other factors like interests, such as Foursquare or Tinder.
- GeoInfrastructure businesses which facilitate the growth and maturation of location-based businesses, such as Yext, PlaceIQ, xAd, Gimbal, and SocialSign.in.
- GeoInformation content platforms which aggregate and assimilate content and data around a targeted place and time in innovative ways, such as Yelp and EnerKnol.
The growth of these five sectors is fueled by multiple underlying trends:
- The global proliferation of location-aware mobile smart phones
- Indoor-Location Technologies, including iBeacons and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- The emergence of the location-aware Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Consumers and professionals shifting to an integrated consumer decision journey across web, mobile on the go, and indoor, supported by targeted messages and content along the way
- Cloud-based Big Data, from proprietary or public sources, often coupled with AI/machine learning, and often used to create new and highly individualized solutions
- Millennials and their unique mobile/social behavior.
The Founder of On Grid Ventures, Jason E. Klein, is a highly experienced former operating executive in digital media, vertical consumer and b2b information/magazines, and geo-focused content and advertising. Mr. Klein is currently Chairman, Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of Greater NY and one of Alleywatch’s top 25 angel investors in New York.
For more info, please see:
- On Grid Ventures Team
- On Grid Ventures News
- Most Recent Posts
- Resources for Entrepreneurs and Investors
- Twitter Feed @JKNews.